Things Can Only Get Better: Eighteen Miserable Years in the Life of a Labour Supporter, 1979-1997 - JOHN O'FARRELL I have yet to read a John O'Farrell book that disappoints and this is no exception. As an erstwhile life long Labour Supporter myself I shared the pain and anguish and frankly the complete incomprehensibility of the people who found anything good about Thatcher and her time in office. A dislike of Tories in general personally approached hatred for a woman who I saw as pretty much a demented psychopath and I struggled to understand how people could vote for her. I shared his pain and the huge excitement and sense of hope when a line was finally drawn under what seemed to me to have degenerated into a Government of corrupt policies and people. For me, the only disappointment was that it ended before the total dissillusionment felt by so many of us when someone we saw as a breath of fresh air, Tony Blair, went on to betray every bit of trust placed in him and degenerated into a real 'class' traitor and war criminal more corrupt than anything he replaced. Awful man who destroyed most of what the Labour Party stood for leaving us now with nothing worth voting for. Worth a read as always is Mr O'Farrell.